What’s in a hub? Comprehensive, strategic support services designed to provide opportunities to every child, every family, and every community that walks through its doors. Our flagship effort, the three-story Water Tower Hub on the corner of North Grand and North Florissant Avenues, opened in 2011 and features:
- A Head Start center serving 125 students
- Multiple community building efforts
- 15 units of housing with wrap-around support services
- Free Legal Assistance Clinics with attorneys able to assist with civil law-related issues
- A branch of the St. Louis Community Credit Union
- The Grace Hill’s Women’s Business Center
- Connections to Success, which provides intensive and personal employment readiness services
- All right across the parking lot from the Affinia Healthcare Water Tower Clinic
As Grace Hill’s center of gravity, the Water Tower Hub leverages complementary resources for greater family and community impact. Since 2011, the St. Louis Community Credit Union partnership has resulted in over 472 loans worth $1,036,109. The Women’s Business Center helps create around 100 jobs per year, while Connections to Success graduates over 50 adults — many Head Start parents and College Hill residents — each year. Water Tower staff also run 15 neighboring housing units, pull together over 40 partner organizations in the College Hill Collaborative, and provide other support programs detailed below.
As Grace Hill’s center of gravity, the Water Tower Hub leverages complementary resources for greater family impact.
The Water Tower Hub will continue to be Grace Hill’s north St. Louis anchor, increasing the impact of its core services while working toward long-term neighborhood impacts. Grace Hill looks to renovate 27 additional affordable and quality housing units that it owns in the neighborhood. Its Women’s Business Center is becoming more neighborhood-focused to strengthen existing businesses while bringing in additional enterprises, while area elementary schools will also increase utilization of Water Tower Hub services.
Want to become a part of this collective impact effort? Contact our Water Tower Hub receptionist at 314-584-6900